Weymouth Museum is looking for a competent part-time volunteer ‘Volunteer Coordinator’ to recruit and manage volunteers. You will be responsible for allocating responsibilities and retaining the best people.
The goal is to ensure that our organisation is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals, and that they are correctly utilised for the fulfilment of our mission of having a museum in Weymouth which all can enjoy.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (databases, e-mail, social media etc.)
- Collect information on availabilities and skills
- Arrange for appropriate training when needed
- Produce schedules for everyday activities
- Assign responsibilities to the right people for special events
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
- Ensure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated
- Experience in volunteering locally and/or nationally
- Experience in recruiting through various channels
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Excellent organisational and team coordination abilities
- A pleasant, outgoing personality
If you would like to have an informal talk about any of the above, in the first instance please email the Chair of the Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to apply please enclose a CV and outline:
- the experience you would bring to the role of volunteer coordinator
- why you would like to be a volunteer coordinator at Weymouth Museum?
Please return this to the Chair by email at email@example.com